Thanksgiving Critter Camp
Thanksgiving Critter Camp
In order to take precautions against the COVID-19 pandemic, this program has several modifications & safety protocols in place, which were created based on CDC guidance. Policies are subject to change; please review this webpage carefully.
This website contains information regarding in-person camp, but if you’re looking for virtual enrichment, we have options for that as well! Click here to view details.
November 22nd – 24th
Preschool through 6th Grade
Daily sign ups available
Kids in San Diego can spend Thanksgiving break with animals at Critter Camp! Your child’s compassion and appreciation for animals will grow as they interact with a variety of species. Each day also includes a craft, awesome activities, and the chance to create new memories & form new friendships in a safe setting.
Thanksgiving Camp Themes
Monday (11/22) – Family Furst:The holiday season draws family together from near and far. Find out if animals value relationships in the same ways that we do when you interact with a miniature horse, rabbit, parrot, bearded dragon, and hermit crab.
Tuesday (11/23) – Animal Appreciation: Meet an alpaca, dog, pigeon, chinchilla, and Madagascar hissing cockroach while you learn about the various reasons why we should appreciate all animals, not just the cute and cuddly ones!
Wednesday (11/24) – Gobble ‘til You Wobble: Do the seasons affect what critters consume? How are their eating habits unique? Discover the answers when you meet a sheep, guinea pig, chicken, millipede, and snake.
Species may vary depending on animal health, safety and availability.
Thanksgiving Camp Times, Rates, Options, and Discounts
Daily Thanksgiving Camp Rates & Times
- $65 per child, per day
- 9am – 1 pm (must be at least 4 years old)
- Extended Care option: early drop off only, 8am drop off for Preschool for $10 each day (no late pickup available for Preschool)
Kindergarten – 6th Grade
- $85 per child, per day
- 9am – 3pm
- Extended Care option: 8am – 5pm for $20 per day
- Hot lunch is available for $9 per child, per day. It includes an entrée and two sides. Please provide your child with a snack and water bottle each day.
- All campers must be able to use the restroom confidently and on their own.
- Must be at least 5 years old to pet reptiles.
- We know that camp sounds fun for kids and adults, but this camp for kids only!
- If your child has an aide at school and you plan to have them come to camp with your child, please call us at 858-756-4117 ext. 318 so that we can help them complete the fingerprint process. All aides must be fingerprinted through us in order to attend camp. Be aware that camp has frequent transitions that can make an aide more necessary during camp than at school.
- Due to the limited space during COVID-19, you must purchase a registration for the aide as well.
- 15% off camp tuition for active military. (Call us at 858-756-4117 ext. 318 for the coupon code)
- Automatically receive $5 off the daily tuition when registering siblings. (Must register siblings at the same time. Applies to one sibling.)
Your camp fee may provide a partial tax credit. Check with your tax professional to see if you qualify!
Policies During COVID-19
Click here to carefully review the safety protocols (subject to change, last updated 7/14/21): We follow the K-12 guidelines as directed by the State of California. Protocols are subject to change. **Protocols are subject to change. You can reach us at email@example.com or (858) 756-4117 x 318 if you have any questions or concerns.
We follow the K-12 guidelines as directed by the State of California. Protocols are subject to change.
**Protocols are subject to change. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 756-4117 x 318 if you have any questions or concerns.
Critter Camp Frequently Asked Questions: **For more information about Critter Camp, you can reach us at email@example.com or (858) 756-4117 x 318 if you have any questions or concerns.
**For more information about Critter Camp, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 756-4117 x 318 if you have any questions or concerns.