Girl Scout Activities To Earn Patches Or Badges For Daisies, Brownies, Juniors and Cadettes!
Please refer to our COVID-19 Policies for details about our safety procedures for each program. Protocols are subject to change and may vary with program type. If you have any questions about our COVID-19 policies or programs, please contact our office at email@example.com 858-756.4117 x318.
Helen Woodward Animal Center is a proud partner of Girl Scouts San Diego!
Helen Woodward Animal Center is proud to offer Girl Scout activities that help girls meet their requirements for Daisy, Brownie, Junior and Cadette badges or Journey series through interacting with a variety of animal species.
Earn a Badge!
Our badge earning activities for Daisies, Brownies, Juniors, and Cadettes offer Girl Scouts the opportunity to earn their Eco Learner Badge, Pets Badge, Animal Habitats Badge, and Animal Helpers Badge!
Our Girl Scout activities include 90-minute tours that meet ALL badge requirements and girl scouts will go home with the appropriate badge for their vest or sash.
Cost: $19.45 per child (minimum $75, includes badge). Parent Chaperones are admitted free for the purpose of supervising children. The chaperone to child ratio is 1:5. Extra chaperones are $5 each.
Eco Learner Badge: Nature is something that we all enjoy and it’s up to us to protect it! This 90-minute program includes four different HANDS-ON animal interactions and activities that focus on the proper ways to explore in nature & fill all Eco Learner Badge requirements! (for Daisies)
Pets Badge: Whether they’re cute and cuddly or slimy and scaly, pets are so much fun! Find out what care different pets need including how to keep them comfy, well fed, healthy, safe, and most importantly, LOVED! This 90-minute program includes four different HANDS-ON animal interactions and activities that help bring pet care to life & fill all Pets Badge requirements! (for Brownies)
Habitats Badge: Explore the places that animals call home- their habitats! Discover where different animals live, how they play, and how we can help them. This 90-minute program includes meeting four HANDS-ON animal interactions and activities that facilitate habitat exploration! (for Juniors)
Animal Helpers Badge: Animals are amazing for so many reasons including their ability to help humans! Learn about the various ways that animals make our lives better and the importance of the human-animal bond. This 90-minute program includes four different HANDS-ON animal interactions and activities that fill all Animal Helpers Badge requirements! (for Cadettes.)
Our Custom Girl Scout Trip is the perfect opportunity for Daisies, Brownies, Juniors and Cadettes to learn about and interact with a variety of levels, while earning a custom Helen Woodward Animal Center Patch! Each program is 90 minutes long and allows each troop to choose the activities and animals included in the tour:
Option A: 4 animal visits and 1 Center activity
Option B: 2 animal visits and 2 Center activities
*Girl Scout activities and available animals can be chosen from the lists below. Animal interaction is dependent upon animal health and availability on a day-to-day basis. Must be at least 5-years-old to pet reptiles.
Cost: $14.95 per child (minimum $75). The optional Helen Woodward Animal Center Patch can be purchased additionally for $4.
*Parent chaperones are admitted free for the purpose of supervising children. The chaperone to child ratio is 1:5. Extra chaperones are $5 each.
- Turtle or Tortoise: Learn about the differences in their habitats.
- Alpaca: Learn the interesting ways they communicate with one another.
- Snake: Learn about their unique adaptations and snake safety.
- Sheep or Goat: Learn about their peculiar digestive system and farm animal care.
- Bird (dove, parrot, pigeon or chicken): Learn about animal classifications and life cycles.
- Miniature Horse: Learn about the “jobs” they perform, both past and present.
- Madagascar Hissing Cockroach: Learn about misconceptions of these creepy crawlies.
- Lizard: Learn about their classification and interesting defense and protection methods.
- Rabbit, Guinea Pig, or Chinchilla: Learn about proper pet care and Pet Encounter Therapy.
- *Dog: Learn about canine body language and the importance of safety.
*Dogs are already owned by someone and are part of our animal ambassador team. Their use is based on owner availability.
- Adoptions: Learn how we find the perfect forever home for every animal that is brought to our Center.
- Equine Hospital: Go behind the scenes and see the different areas of the hospital. Observe the steps a horse patient goes through during a surgery, and recovery. (Must be 7 years or older)
- Therapeutic Riding: Tour the barn, meet the program horses, and learn about the many benefits for disabled riders. (Must be 7 years or older)
- Community Involvement: Participate in a unique activity to help the animals at Helen Woodward Animal Center.
*Tours of Adoptions can only be given during their hours of operation. See the Adoptions webpage for details.
Looking for a seasonal Girl Scout Trip?
Contact us today to schedule your next Girl Scout trip!
Email or call 858-756-4117 ext. 318
Check Out The Girls Scouts San Diego Calendar For Girl Scout Camp Activities At Helen Woodward Animal Center
Your program fee helps support all of our adoptable animals, as well as the many human and animal services that Helen Woodward Animal Center provides.