February Critter Camp at Helen Woodward Animal Center
February Critter Camp
February 10–14 &
Daily sign-ups available
Preschool through 6th Grade
Automatically receive $5 off the daily tuition if you register by January 10!
More discounts listed below.
No school? No problem, because we have a camp for that! Kids in San Diego can spend Ski Week/Presidents’ Week with amazing animals. Campers will interact with a variety of species each day, as well as create crafts, play games and participate in awesome activities. Sign up for multiple days or come to just one, either way your kids are sure to have fun!
February Camp Themes
Monday – Critter Communication: Presidents should have strong communication skills and must use various channels to get their message across; do animals communicate in the same ways that we do? Find out while you meet an alpaca, large parrot, guinea pig, ball python and millipede.
Tuesday –All Together Now: It takes a village to run a successful campaign and even more people to support the president during their term. Interact with a chicken, frog, bearded dragon, miniature horse and small parrot as you learn about the relationships that animals have with people, their environment and each other.
Wednesday – Fight or Flight: You will meet a dove, water dragon or blue-tongued skink, rabbit, goat and box turtle while you discover how each critter deals with conflict and how they protect themselves and others.
Thursday – Does thick skin always win?: Not everyone is fit to be a politician because it requires thick skin. Animals also have situations in which some persevere while others struggle, such as a drop in temperature. Find out how different adaptations make certain animals better suited for the cold as you interact with a duck, chinchilla, leopard gecko, sheep and hermit crab.
Friday – Pawsitive Impact: Interact with a Madagascar hissing cockroach, pigeon, dog, rosy boa, miniature donkey and visit the Adoptions center as you find out why we should value each animal and what we can do to help them.
Species may vary depending on animal health and safety
Must be at least 5-years-old to pet reptiles
February Camp Times, Rates, Options & Discounts
Daily February Camp Times
Preschool (must be at least 4 years old): 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
Kindergarten through 6th Grade: 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Extended Care is offered from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. for $20 per day for Kindergarten through 6th Grade.
- We also offer an 8 a.m. drop-off for Preschool for $10 per day. (No late pickup available for Preschool)
- No extended care hours on Monday, February 17
Daily February Camp Rates
Preschool (must be at least 4 years old): $62 per day
Kindergarten through 6th Grade: $82 per day
- Hot lunch is available for $9 per day and includes an entrée and two sides. Please provide your child with a snack and water bottle each day.
- All campers must be able to use the restroom confidently and on their own.
- We know that camp sounds fun for kids AND adults, but this camp is for kids only! **If your child has an aide at school and you plan to have them come to camp with your child, please call us at 858-756-4117 ext. 318 so that we can help them complete the fingerprint process. All aides MUST be fingerprinted through us in order to attend camp.**
- 15% off camp tuition for active military (Call us at 858-756-4117 ext. 318 for the code.)
- Automatically receive $5 off camp tuition when registering siblings. (Must register siblings at the same time. Applies to one sibling.)
- Automatically receive $20 off the fifth session when you register for five days in the same week.
- Early Bird Discount: Sign up by January 10 and get $5 off the daily camp tuition.