Club Pet Policies and Forms
Reservations may be made in person or by telephone when our front office is open.
You may request a reservation with our online booking system, but the reservation will not be confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from Club Pet. Please remember to provide us with the best email address and telephone number at which to reach you.
Our contact information is:
- Fax: (858) 756-4715
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Club Pet Boarding
Helen Woodward Animal Center
P.O. Box 64
Rancho Santa Fe, Ca 92067
- Street: 6525 Helen Woodward Way (no mail received at this address)
Rancho Santa Fe, Ca 92067
Our front office is closed to the public on all major holidays. (Animal Care Technicians are on duty 365 days a year to care for your pets, even on days when the front office is closed).
A credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) is required to confirm your reservation.
Vaccine information (dogs and cats), Age Certificates, and Health Certificates (Exotics) must be provided at least 2 weeks prior to check-in. Most clients ask their veterinarian to fax vaccination information to us directly at 858-756-4715.
Club Pet accepts reservations up to twelve months in advance. Holidays and other Peak Occupancy periods like July and August book up quickly, so please plan accordingly.
“Side-by-Side” Suites are available for all sizes of canine kennels to provide more spacious accommodations and allow for separation of house mates as needed. Please reserve two kennels of the same size and request “Side by Side” suites. If you have multiple pets that must be separated for feeding or other reasons, you must reserve Side by Side Suites. We cannot physically separate pets that share the same Suite for eating or sleeping.
- Boarding fees are charged per day per pet. There is a full-day boarding fee charged for the day of arrival, regardless of check in time. If you check your pet out after 12 Noon, you will be charged for another full day of boarding.
- All Club Pet reservations are subject to our 3 day cancellation policy, including same- day reservations that are canceled. If you cancel your reservation within three days of check-in, you will be charged a cancellation fee. Excluding holiday periods
- The cancellation fee is equal to the cost of one night’s boarding for each kennel reserved which is being canceled. A current credit card number and expiration date is required in order to confirm each reservation – this is the card against which the cancellation fee will be charged.
- Any reservation which includes dates over our holiday period, 11/16 – 11/30 and 12/16 – 1/4, requires a $75 non refundable, non-transferrable deposit per reservation, which is charged at the time the reservation is made. The holiday deposit will be charged to the credit card account on file. The deposit amount will be applied to the holiday boarding bill. If the boarding bill is less than $75, the balance will not be refunded.
- Cancellation of a holiday reservation with insufficient notice (less than seven days prior to the 1st day of the reservation) will be subject to the regular cancellation fee in addition to the forfeited holiday deposit. The cancellation fee is equal to the cost of one night’s boarding for each kennel reserved, and will be charged to the credit card account on file.
Animal Health and Vaccines
All vaccinations must be given at least 24 hours prior to boarding. First time vaccinations (for puppies and kittens) must be given at least 2 weeks prior to boarding. Vaccinations cannot expire during your pet’s stay.
Dogs (Must be at least 4 months old) – Rabies, DHPP (Distemper) & Bordetella are required. We will accept proof of adequate protective titers in place of vaccines for Rabies and DHPP only.
- Rabies & DHPP can be either 1 year or 3 year vaccinations
- Bordetella must be a 6 month vaccination
- Bordetella is mandatory, even if veterinarian has exempted pet from other vaccines.
- Age Certificate required for dogs over a certain age (based on weight), to be renewed annually:
- Under 40 lbs – 12 years or older
- 40 – 90 lbs – 10 years or older
- Over 90 lbs – 7 years or older
Cats (Must be at least 4 months old) – Rabies, FVRCP & FeLV (Feline Leukemia) are required. We will accept proof of adequate protective titers in place of vaccines.
- Rabies & FVRCP can be either 1 year or 3 year vaccinations
- Indoor cats – must have proof of a negative FeLV test at any point in their lives. If there is proof of a negative test, the FeLV vaccination is not required for indoor cats. If not, the FeLV vaccination is required.
- Outdoor (or indoor/outdoor) cats – must have a current FeLV vaccination (either 1 year or 3 years).
- Age Certificate required for cats over 12 years old, to be renewed annually.
Age Certificate – Pets over a designated age must have written veterinary clearance to board in a non-medical, non-24 hour facility. The Age Certificate must be renewed annually (prior to boarding). It is available for download on the Club Pet website or can be provided to your veterinarian upon request.
Birds & Exotics – Exotic Health Certificate is required and must be renewed annually (prior to boarding). The Exotic Health Certificate is signed by your pet’s veterinarian and states that the bird or exotic pet is free of communicable disease and will be healthy enough to board in a non-medical, non-24 hour facility. It is available for download on the Club Pet website or can be provided to your veterinarian upon request.
Medical Stability Certificate – Pets undergoing treatment for a medical condition must have written veterinary clearance to board in a non-medical, non-24 hour facility. The Medical Stability Certificate must be renewed annually, prior to boarding, or may be required more often, as deemed by Club Pet Management. It is available for download on the Club Pet website or can be provided to your veterinarian upon request.
Complete Your Forms Online
Here are the steps for e-signing your forms from your Customer Portal! (This will eliminate your need to sign forms at check-in, which will allow for a quick and easy check-in process.)
1. Log in to the Customer Portal
2. Scroll over “My Account” on the top left
3. Select “Agreements”
4. View and sign all forms
It’s as easy as that!
Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions regarding our policies.
Phone: 858-756-4117 ext. 2