Equine Activities for Children and Adults with Special Needs
Helen Woodward Animal Center’s Therapeutic Riding program illustrates the meaning of the Center’s creed, “People helping animals and animals helping people.” Our program is dedicated to serving riders with special needs through equine-assisted activities. Students, ages 4 and up, interact with specially trained horses year-round in weekly lessons to enhance physical, cognitive, social-emotional and motor skills. Additionally, we stress having fun in a safe and rewarding environment.
With input from parents, physicians, physical therapists and special education teachers, our experienced PATH certified staff members develop lesson plans to suit each of our riders short and long term goals.
PROGRAM HOURS OF OPERATION
Tuesday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
*Please note that staff are often at the barn in the morning and lessons in the afternoon
THERAPEUTIC RIDING MANAGER
6523 Helen Woodward Way
P.O. Box 64
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
858-756-4117 ext. 321
Interested in reading about the latest happenings in Therapeutic Riding?
Download our latest newsletter!
Interested in learning more about Therapeutic Riding?
Are you currently enrolled in our Therapeutic Riding program?
Meet Our Crew!
Therapeutic Riding would not be possible without the generous support of donors like you!
The Therapeutic Riding program would like to give a special thanks to the following organizations and individuals for their support:
- The Lucky Duck Foundation
- The Myers Family Foundation
- The Menard Foundation
- Charles & Ruth Billingsley Foundation
- Community Service Association San Diego Unified School District
- Employee Charitable Giving Organization of Northrop Grumman
- John & Beverly Stauffer Foundation
- National Charity League del Norte Chapter
- Rancho Santa Fe Foundation
- Samuel I. and John Henry Fox Foundation
- The Arthur and Jeanette Pratt Memorial Fund
- The Ray Kahler Foundation at Union Bank
- Torrey Pines Kiwanis Club