Millie the Miracle Goat
FUN FACTS ABOUT MILLIE!
- Millie was found in the backseat of a parked car in Las Vegas.
- On a 90-degree day in Vegas, the temperature inside a car can climb to 109 degrees in just 10 minutes and 129 degrees in a half hour. (She is truly a survivor!)
- Millie weighed 9.23 pounds when she arrived at the Center. We don’t know how big she’ll get because we don’t know for certain what type of goat she is.
- Our best guess is that she’s Nubian, a type of dairy goat. An adult female Nubian goat weighs approximately 130 pounds.
- Millie’s favorite food is goat baby formula, which she eats four times a day.
- Millie gets very excited about mealtime! She starts wagging her tail and running around when her caregiver arrives with a bottle.
- Goats have no front top teeth.
- Goats have rectangular pupils, giving them wide peripheral vision.
- The two dangly things on Millie’s neck are called wattles.
- Not all goats have wattles, and they serve no purpose (except to accessorize!)
- Wattles are thought to be a trait left over from evolution.
- Millie takes several naps throughout the day, especially after each meal. She usually naps for about an hour.
- Millie must be brushed daily to keep her coat nice and clean. She will also get baths periodically.
- Millie’s favorite toy is a small towel. She loves to cuddle with it!
- The goat is the eighth of the 12 Chinese zodiacs. It represents gentleness and kindness.
- The goat is the mascot of the United States Naval Academy because goats used to be brought on ships. (They provided fresh milk before refrigeration.)
- Millie is the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time!)